Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Last few hours in Michigan

Today I leave for South Africa, about 3:15pm. I finished packing my suitcase thanks to my AWESOME cousin Heather and had time to hang out and play cribbage. I also packed up all of my belongings so that my cousin and her family can have their space back. I guess it would be important to reflect on how I have made it to this point.

In order to go to South Africa I had to relocate down in Grand Rapids to take my classes. Thanks to Kevin and Heather they opened up their homes and time to help me out with a living situation. Finding a place to live was only the first stressor. The second stressor came in the form of CLASSES. Yep, I was taking 18 credit hours and teacher assisting. To be quite honest, I wish I would have spent more time with my students at my placement, but as a responsible adult you have to make time to meet the needs of all aspects of life. The last big stressor was money. But when isn't money a stressor.

There are BIG positives from this as well. Obviously going to teach in South Africa is one of them. But how about the time I have spent making new friends on main campus; I am typically a quite reserved person who tends to pace interaction with others… but not this time. I had to real open up quickly in order to make friends and get help with all campus and GR things. Another positive was time spent with the Clay’s. I love my cousin and her family and I think I will miss them the most… Don’t get me wrong I will miss my Mom, Dad, Carol, Beth, Bernie, V, and so on…

Well, I’m packed up and I want to finish watching Hoodwinked with the kids before we drive away to meet up for brunch.

Watch for more post, pictures and videos.

Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Anxiously waiting to hear how it's going :-)
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete